Friday, January 23, 2009

Denene And Mickey Sitting In A Tree…



Actually, we’re probably chilling by the Quiet Cove Pool—me with a very grown-up drink, Mickey with something a little bit more appropriate for a family-loving/totally huggable/tuxedo-wearing mouse.

Oh yeah, you read that right: I’m on the Disney Mom Blogger Cruise. Disney, which has hosted several mom blogger getaways over the past 18 months, invited MyBrownBaby and five other mom bloggers to sail to the Bahamas on the oh-so-fabulous Disney Wonder, the cruise ship Conde Nast Traveler just ranked No. 1 among large ships. There’s great food, fantastic family-friendly activities, lots of on-board grown folk things to do, and, best of all, some really cool people to hang with. I’m traveling with a mom bundle of awesomness:


Amy of Selfish Mom
Melanie of Don't Try This At Home
Katja of Skimbaco Lifestyle
Kim of Traveling Mom
Arianne of To Think Is To Create
Maria of My Teen, The Alien



No doubt, we’re having a blast and probably somewhere cuttin’ up—just a little. Hey, it’s what moms are supposed to do when the hubs and kids are back at the house. I would give you the blow-by-blow, but I’ve sworn off my computer until I leave dreamland and arrive back to, well, chaos. It’s a sweet, special, beautiful chaos—but chaos nonetheless.

Mama. Needed. Mickey.

Don’t worry, though: When I reattach myself to my MacBook, I’ll update you all with the play-by-play next week.

In the meantime, how about a round of applause for Mommaof4Wife2r of A Thorn Among Roses! She’s the winner of the MyBrownBaby contest featuring the oh-so-sweet hand-beaded ribbon necklace and bracelet designed by Ruby Buah of Stringz Attached. Your little sweetie pie is going to look SO cutie in it! Send pictures, k?

Until next week…



post signature

15 comments:

  1. Um, fun. I just caught up on the last few posts and they were so moving, I'm left with nothing to say, so I'm commenting with fluff. Yay! Mickey! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i need some mickey mouse time...i should've signed up to go with! sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! Have fun and toss back one of those adult drinks for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super jealous right now. Stuck here in cold, snowy Ohio. It reached 35 degrees today and people were acting like it's summer. *shaking my head*

    Have fun!
    Tara
    http://theyoungmommylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so wish I was there right now! Can't wait to hear about your adventures!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Mommaof4Wife2r! Wow! A mommy blogger cruise, sounds fun. Hope you post pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ***Daydreaming of having a blog so well-loved one day that I can go on a Disney cruise with other mommy-bloggers.*** Ahhhh....

    Look forward to hearing about all of it.
    ~ humpsNbump

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am soooooooooo jealous! I heard Disney cruises are the bomb diggity! Can't wait to hear all about it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do they have a cruise for dad blogger?

    ReplyDelete
  10. How Great for you...I'm totally jealous. Any reprieve from these single digit temps would be welcome. I hope you have a really fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much fun Denene! I can't believe I missed this post somehow...so glad that you enjoyed yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure that you had a blast. Disney knows how to treat their mom bloggers right! (I was fortunate enough to go their mom blogger weekend last October. It's going to be hard coming back "to reality".)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an excellent post I seen thanks to share it. It is really what I wanted to see hope in future you will continue for sharing such a excellent post. It’s time to must know about it best east coast beaches for families for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have. It’s time to avail this metro car detroit for more details.

    ReplyDelete

Speak Your Mind Here

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

wibiya widget