Before anyone (*ahem* my husband) reads anything into this, please know that Nick is a fantastic gift giver. He knows what I like, has fantastic taste, and never, ever has to print out internet order receipts or sneak out to the CVS to pick up last-minute gifts for special occasions (like *ahem* his wife). I'm hardly, if ever, disappointed by what's under the wrapping paper.
That said, I still think it's okay to let folks who soon may find themselves searching for a special occasion gift know what's on the "I'd Love To Have It" swag list. It cuts down on confusion. And gets you what you want (or at least something similar to it). Here, in no particular order of importance, is a homage to the items that would make me very happy if they found their way into a bag with, oh, say, "Happy Mother's Day" written on it.
From top left, clockwise:
1.The pleats on this leather Treesje Tristan purse in pumpkin are ill; I'm convinced this bad boy would look right nice on my wrist (Piperlime, $665).
2. April Harrison is one of my favorite contemporary fine artists, and this piece, titled "God Bless America," gets this Obama Mama in a really patriotic mood (Avisca Fine Arts, $600).
3. If I get nothing else on Sunday, a little--okay, a lot of--peace and quiet, full control over the remote, and breakfast, lunch, and dinner in bed between naps would make mommy very happy. (Dream Essence™ Lavender Scented Aromatherapy Eye Mask by Dream Essentials, $24.95).
4. I'd definitely be more inspired to go to the park if I had one of these bad girls! (Cannondale F7 Feminine Women's Bike, REI, $599).
5. A spa day at Bliss Spa Atlanta would be fantastic, but I'd definitely settle for this at-home facial care set (Bliss, $95).
6. Come on, now: A girl can never have too many shoes--especially if they're as flirty and sexy as this BCBG sandal in Amaretto (BCBG, Piperlime, $110).
So what's on your Mother's Day swag wish list? (Hint: Leave links in the comments section, and then casually show your husband/significant other this page if you have to. Welcome.)