Monday, February 16, 2009

"Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man" Debuts At #1 On The New York Times Best Seller's List



It's every author's secret fantasy—to write a book and have it debut at the top of the New York Times best seller's list. At least this is what my husband/six-time co-author tells me. I don't know if that's really my story.

Well, maybe just a little bit.

Okay, I admit it: It is kinda the hotness to see my name at the top of the institution of record—the Bible of the book industry. (Click on the page up top to see what I'm talking about up close.)

I did a little shameless self-promotion for "Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man" a month or so ago, explaining the writing process between me and Steve Harvey, the comedian-turned-relationship guru for whom I wrote the book. What I didn't tell you is that he warned me he had every intention of getting the book on the New York Times best seller's list—by telling millions of listeners about "Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man" on his hit morning radio program, The Steve Harvey Morning Show, and taking it to every big television program that would have him. I give it to Steve Harvey—the man is a promotional machine.

Still, I am humbled by the success of this, our book.

And grateful.

And, above all, blessed.

Here, a little Marvin Sapp to help put to song how I feel about this, my 15th book, going big time.

Enjoy!




post signature

25 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is great news, and I can't think of a better song. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! congratulations!! can't wait to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I am sooooo happy for you! You deserve all the best! Okay, really hoping that some of your mojo rubs off on me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I am glad that I could help make it happen. But it is your awesome personality that lead people who actually know you to buy your books. Not to mention that you are a great author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I am so happy for you and wish you continued success! All of your hard work was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Denene! I am thrilled for you. And you are such an example to the rest of us aspiring writers.

    Much Love,

    Mama Shujaa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gah! My comment isn't posting and I keep losing it. ;) Ok, here's what I want to tell you:

    I've been bragging on you since I got home from the Disney Cruise! Now I have another reason to brag on you! Congratulations! That teh awesome. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROCK ON! That photo of the bestseller list would be my new masthead if I were ever in the same catbird seat. Like, forever. Way! to! go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I am new to your site via Melanie, but I'm in awe. What a life accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am soooo incredibly proud of my sister!!!!! You are deserving of all that God has in store for you. You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations my friend. Hard works pay off. You truly inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. That is truly something awesome. Congratulations! Thanks for stopping by today! I update on Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am applauding you right now!!!!! Can you hear me????


    oh yeah............

    ReplyDelete
  15. God is good...all the time! Huge congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one of those moments girl, you know what I mean. When you dream of what your career could become and you catch a glimpse of something like this. Now is the time to fully experience it, this is it girl!!!!! You are doing what God has sent you to do. Do you feel it? I do.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm proud of you and proud to know you. Love you much...jd

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your success and wishing you much more!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wah-hoo!!!!! Congratulations on this accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. One of my favorite songs! Congrats on this outstanding honor. You are an inspiration to us all. It's on my list of things to do to get the book this week. I hear it's da bomb! But of course it would be because you had a hand in it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. HOLY COW!! CONGRATS! Thats freakin' amazing! Go girl!

    I need to buy it now!

    Wow, one day I'd LOVE to just PUBLISH a book... much less be #1. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  22. CONGRATS! It's really nice to see one of our own being so successful!! You go girl! God is sho'nuf good!!

    That song was TRULY a tear jerker!! I think about all that I have gone through these past few years. God, Jehovah, is truly amazing!

    Presious

    ReplyDelete

Speak Your Mind Here

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

wibiya widget