Wednesday, February 25, 2009

MyBrownBaby MOM OF THE WEEK: CHRISTIE CROWDER



One of the things I love most about blogging is the amazing network of mom friends I’ve made on the internet; I’ve met some pretty incredible women here at MyBrownBaby—smart, witty, thoughtful, talented women who constantly inspire me to be a better mom, wife, businesswoman, and, above all else, friend. Christe Crowder of My Life—A Work In Progress, definitely fits the bill; she just consistently puts a smile on my face, for no other reason but because she’s that kind of lady. She’s a wife, mother, author of “Your Big Sister’s Guide to Surviving College," a certified life coach, host of "Chatter Box," her weekly internet radio talk show, a self-described multi-tasking maniac, and… Lord, what doesn’t this woman do?! She’s currently working on her first novel, and in between conference calls, piles of laundry, endless to-do lists, never knowing the answer to “what’s for dinner,” poopy diapers and stickers on her walls and furniture, Christie swears she absolutely loves her life. MyBrownBaby does, too! Check out why:

My name is… Christie Glascoe Crowder

I live in… Smyrna, GA a suburb about 15 minutes outside of Atlanta.

My brown babies are… Kennedy, 4, and Jackson, 1—the most beautiful creatures on earth (to me).

I make a living… coaching writers/entrepreneurs, writing books, blogging, and hosting my radio show, "Chatter Box," on Blog Talk Radio.

The last time my kids cracked me up… was every second of the day. They are a constant source of belly laughs for me, from their constant impromptu performances of the theme songs to Nick Jr./Noggin shows to their nightly WWF wrestling matches, during which my son takes running starts to leap on his sister's back. My daughter grabs him up in a bear hug and throws them both into our beanbag chair. I have my hand poised and ready to call 911, but it’s still pretty funny.

The last book I read with my kids was… “Good Morning/Good Night.” I actually just read it with my daughter. She knows it by heart and has been reciting the rhyming verses since she was two. We trade off sentences when we read it together.

My favorite place to take them is… outside. They love to run and be free.

My proudest mom moment was… The day I actually made a meal that everyone liked. My daughter said "Mom, this was the best dinner ever!" I can’t cook so this was major for me! It was my first time frying fish (you don’t ever want me to fry chicken—ever!) and I didn’t burn or overcook it. Rice and broccoli accompanied it. I know, really basic right? But trust me: I can find a way to screw up cold cereal! So the fact that everything came out perfect without being scalded or overly salty was a triumph.

My most embarrassing mommy moment was the time when… My son, home sick from daycare, screamed through my entire radio show—from the moment we went live to the sign-off. Though my audience and guests were very patient and understanding, I was mortified! I just tried to ignore him and stay focused, but the more I talked and ignored him, the louder he got. All I could do was apologize over and over again. All I have to say is I LOVE that most of my fans are moms; only they could understand and empathize. Of course, when my hour-long show was up, my son fell instantly asleep. You know I was hot!

The thing I most want my children to know is… no matter what, I love them unconditionally and I will always be proud they are my children!

The one family tradition I hope my kids continue when they grow up is… laughing! Our family is big on laughter and loving each other through thick and thin. I also hope they keep playing; we have huge game nights with Taboo or Scattagories. We have also been known to have knock-down, drag-out Scrabble matches. and Spades and Phase 10 have been known to get a bit nasty (in a competitive way). Cranium and SceneIt Battle Of The Sexes matches have been quite ridiculous. Now with the introduction of the Wii into our lives, you can only imagine the mayhem—and we love every moment of the hilarity!

If I could invent one thing to make being a mom easier, it would be… a magic wand that folds clothes, makes dinner, picks up toys, and cleans bathrooms auto-magically!

The best invention for kids ever is… the in-car DVD player

The kid snack I’m most likely to get busted eating is… Fruit Snacks.

The most important life lesson I want my kids to learn is… don't sweat the small stuff and be true to yourself!

The one thing no one knows about me is… I secretly want to be a bass player in a rock band.

The thing I lost as a mom that I wish I could get back is… my fricken waistline!

My “I’d Rather Be…” bumper sticker would say… Getting A Massage or On Vacation in Maui with an unlimited supply of Mai Tai’s.




post signature

14 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Denene! I am grateful for this opportunity and glad you are one of my bloggy BFFs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christie is the bomb! I have to agree with her about the Fruit Snacks, sometimes I hide them from my kids. So sad.

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fruit snacks too. Congratulations of being Mom of the Week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun interview! I gotta agree on fruit snacks, especially the Target brand mixed berry ones...they're not just for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This interview with Christie was great. I love her and she is too funny. I would love to possess her mommy magic wand. That would make my life 90% easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on you Mom of the Week status, Christie! I too enjoy your blog and the radio show! Keep the inspiration coming, Sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Christie. This was a great interview. She is a great inspiring person and I enjoy her service.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Christie! She's a multi-tasking maven! Great interview; and if she invents that magic wand I want one - smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just recently found you and Christie's blog. You both ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Auto-magically" I love it! I came across "My Life-A Work in Progress" sometime ago and Christie's an awesome blogger. I can't cook well either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bass player in a rock band? Really? I'm supposed to know everything about Christie because she is my sister. She is a wonderful multitasking mommy beast. She's beautiful inside and out and I'm proud and blessed to call her my sister. Thanks for putting the spotlight on her Denene!

    ReplyDelete

Speak Your Mind Here

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

wibiya widget