Monday, September 28, 2009

My Little Glamour Dolls and Their Pink Polish



I don’t know where they get it from, these chocolate little girl pies with their affinity for baby pink fingernail polish and glossy lips and butterfly necklaces and cute shoes. It’s certainly not from their mother. Most afternoons when Mari and Lila tumble off the school bus and up the front stoop giggling, twists flying, pink fingernails slicing through the air, I greet them in shorts and oversized t-shirts, hair barely combed, lips crackling, finger nails chipped and in serious need of a manicurist’s intervention. Some days, Lila pulls out her strawberry lemon lip balm (she calls it her lipstick) and gently pushes it in my face as I lean in for a “welcome home” smooch. Apparently, the 7-year-old’s got a problem with chapped lips.

Whatever. Clearly, getting red-carpet ready for the after school rush of homework, activities, and dinner isn’t really all that high on my list of priorities.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE REST ON MY NEW BLOG ON PARENTING.COM'S THE PARENTING POST.



post signature

4 comments:

  1. What???? You don't get red carpet ready for your girls arrival home from school??? Child, neither do I LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is almost three and loves getting her toenails painted. LOVES.IT. I pull out all my different nail polish colors and she's all, "Ummmm, I think I'll do Blushing Bashful today, mommy." LOL!

    I don't mind though because it gives us time to bond and she will sit still the 10 minutes (shhh!) it takes to dry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is with these kids?!...my daughter tried to get me to put heels on yesterday when I was on my way to the gym!...she is 4!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww.. I can't wait to play dress-up with my own girls. I can use an in-house stylist. :)

    ReplyDelete

Speak Your Mind Here

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

wibiya widget